Action Physiotherapy September " Back-To-School" Giveaway Has Ended
The winner of the "Back-To-School" Giveaway Kevin Macdonald.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)- COVID-19
1) Is the clinic operating at regular business hours?
Yes. The clinic is operating at regular business hours:
- Monday-Thursday 8 am-8 pm
- Friday 8am-4pm
However, entry into the clinic is permitted by appointment ONLY. Please see below for more details.
2) Is the clinic operating at normal capacity?
No. At this point in time, the therapists are able to accommodate approximately half the appointments they would typically see on a daily basis. This is due to the regulations mandated by public health and our regulatory bodies to allow for extra cleaning of the treatment area in between appointments and to create more space to allow for social distancing on the premise.
3) Are clients being screened for COVID-19 before they come into the clinic?
Yes. Clients are being screened for COVID-19 before they come into the clinic in 2 parts:
- Part 1 takes place when you initially make an appointment. A screening questionnaire will be given to a client either over the phone or via email. The client must answer NO to all the questions to be permitted to make an appointment.
- Part 2 will take place BEFORE the client enters the clinic space. The same set of questions will be given to the client over the phone and the client must answer NO to all of the questions before entering into the clinic is permitted.
4) Are staff being screened for COVID-19 before they come to work?
Yes. Staff is being screened with the same COVID-19 questionnaire used for the clients before they come to work every day.
5) Do I have to wear a mask while I attend my treatment?
Yes. Clients attending treatment at the clinic are required to wear a mask at all times while on the premises and for the duration of their appointment. You may bring your own cloth or surgical mask or you may purchase a mask from the clinic for $2.
6) Does my therapist have to wear a mask while administering my treatment?
Yes. All staff members of the clinic are required to wear a mask while on the premises. The therapist you are seeing may also be wearing more PPE for the duration of your treatment.
7) Can I still wait in the waiting room before/after my treatment?
No. The clinic has implemented a “virtual” waiting room whereby:
- Paperwork will be distributed and filled out electronically as much as possible
- Clients are asked to arrive at their appointment 5-10mins early and call the front desk from their car to let the therapist know they have arrived. A member of the admin staff will then administer your screening questions (Part 2 of the screening protocol). At that time, they will also allow you entrance to the clinic if the therapist is ready for you or let you know to wait in your car and call you back to come in. Once the treatment is over, you will proceed to the front desk to pay and/or rebook and then immediately exit the premises.
8) Can someone accompany me to my appointment?
No. Only the client booked for the appointment may attend the treatment with the exception of:
- A parent attending treatment with their child (and vice versa)
- A client attending a treatment that needs an aide with:
- Mobility to enter/exit the clinic
- Communication (either written or verbal) to the admin staff & treating therapist
9) How can I pay for my appointment?
At this point in time, the clinic is no longer accepting cash. Payment will be accepted with credit or debit card ONLY.
Top Physiotherapy and Pain Management Clinic in St. John's
Action Physiotherapy in St. John's has been in business for over 10 years, operating as a community-based, family orientated physiotherapy service. We have built a level of trust with our clients, and our greatest advertisement is word of mouth. We have even helped clients from 3 generations of the same family. When it comes to serving our clients, we offer one-on-one sessions, ensuring that all of your questions are answered. Our services include expert Physiotherapy, Massage Therapy, Injury Rehabilitation (Motor Vehicle, Sports & Workplace Injury) and Kinesiology provision.
Why Choose Us?
We pride ourselves on providing timely access to our services and are committed to scheduling initial visits as quickly as possible. We have both morning and evening appointments available for more flexible scheduling.
- Monday – Thursday: 8:00AM-8:00PM
- Friday: 8:00AM-4:00PM
All our registered therapists are highly skilled and trained. Our team of university educated professionals specialize in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of a variety of injuries, disabilities and movement disorders. As pain management experts, we know how injuries, surgery and medical conditions can affect your daily life. We tailor programs to you in order to help you cope and manage effectively.
Our registered massage therapists (RMTs) use a variety of techniques to enhance your health and well-being, including myofascial release, deep tissue massage, active release and pre/post-natal massage.
Our therapists are involved in all phases of motor vehicle accident rehabilitation, from the initial assessment phase to advanced rehabilitation exercises. Our team of therapists are here for you on your road to recovery.
Thousands of Canadians are suffering from pelvic floor dysfunction, yet they often go unrecognized and under treated. We specialize in designing physiotherapy and rehab regimens to treat pelvic floor dysfunction.
Through the application of exercise and movement science,our Certified Kinesiologist can help rehabilitate, prevent and manage injuries, restore function and optimize your performance at work, home, sport or fitness.
Sports Injury Rehabilitation is a multi-disciplinary approach to the prevention, evaluation, and treatment of injuries.Whether you are young athlete or a weekend warrior, our focus is getting you back to that sport you love in a timely and safe manner.
Work place injury, whether it is connected to one-time event, repetitive strain or chronic pain can have a serious impact on quality of life and productivity in the workplace . At Action Physiotherapy, we believe no one should work in pain. We provide client centered treatment aimed at returning injured workers to pre-injury function.