One on One Physiotherapy in St. Johns
Physiotherapy is a client-centered health profession that is dedicated to improving and maintaining mobility, physical activity and overall physical health for people of all ages and from all walks of life. Our experienced physiotherapists are trained to evaluate clients using an evidence -based approach, and then to restore or enhance function to various body systems with a personalized treatment plan.
Is Physiotherapy A Registered Health Profession?
Physiotherapy is a registered health profession in Newfoundland and Labrador, and as such, our registered physiotherapists have completed numerous post-secondary education courses, including but not limited to:
- Manual Therapy Levels
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Orthopedic Manual Therapy
- McKenzie Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy
- Active Release Therapy
- Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Dysfunction Post Graduate Training
- Mulligan Concepts
- Post Grad Cervical and Lumbar Rehabilitation Education
- Cervical and Thoracic Muscle Stabilization and Re-education Training
How Can Physiotherapy Benefit You?
There are many conditions that would benefit from the expertise of a physiotherapist.Some of the conditions we routinely treat at Action Physiotherapy are:
- Soft Tissue Injury- Dealing with common soft tissue injuries can be intimidating and overwhelming; however, it doesn’t have to be! With the help of a registered physiotherapist, taking control of your injury and getting on the right path to healing and recovery is within your reach.
- Sciatica: A diagnosis of sciatica can be debilitating. At Action Physiotherapy our clinicians have advanced training in the management of this condition. Treatment consists of advanced diagnostic and manual therapy techniques to offer a speedy recovery and exercises to prevent recurrence of sciatic pain.
- Impairments, Limitations on Activity, and Restrictions on Participation due to a disability can be minimized through the assistance of a physiotherapist. Various treatments and exercises can allow an individual to develop their functional abilities and gain more independence. You have been sidelined due to injury or pain, we can help you get back in Action!
- Recovery After Surgery - Collaborating with a physiotherapist will accelerate and improve the healing process. A qualified therapist and specific approach is very important to ensure proper muscle and joint function after surgeries. We commonly work with clients post total hip and knee replacement and post back and neck surgery. Proper rehab post-surgery ensures you get the maximum benefits from your surgery.
- Individuals Experiencing Chronic Pain - No one wants to deal with pain on a daily basis, as it can have a major impact on quality of life, mental health, relationships, and our ability to work effectively and safely. Physiotherapy can intervene to find a solution and reduce or eliminate chronic pain, by identifying and treating the root of the problem.
- Neurological disease- People living with conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, and those recovering from stroke can benefit from the expertise of a physiotherapist. Increases in strength and mobility can greatly enhance your quality of life. We are here to help!
These are just a few examples illustrating common referrals for physiotherapy. If physiotherapy has been recommended to you, or you think you could benefit from the services provided by a physiotherapist, chances are, we can help!
- Treatment $65.00
- Physiotherapy sessions are not taxable, Price shown is final