In order to select the best and most effective treatment methods, each client will start with consultation carried out with a therapist. The initial visit and the analysis of its findings will allow the therapist to design a custom plan that best suits restoration of optimal health, within the context of your personal goals. Your plan may include various types of strength and flexibility exercises, a schedule for heating and ice packs, as well as posture cues and specific limitations on activities to allow your body to rest and heal correctly. The plan assigned to you by your therapist can often be extended beyond the point of healing in order to maintain optimal health day to day.
- Manual therapy by a Physiotherapist to restore proper joint mobility in the spine and other joints
- Exercises and/or Gait re-education to help restore mobility and function
- Modalities for pain control and to promote healing (Ultrasound, IFC, Heat, Ice, etc.)
- Massage therapy take a hands on approach to help promote muscle healing, relaxation and pain control
- Our Kinesiologist can address limitations in strength, flexibility and overall conditioning; in order to help you address any limitations you have at work, sports or activities of daily living (ADL’s)
- Acupuncture (including dry needling) can be used to treat pain and muscle trigger points
- Postural education, Bracing or Taping and Personalized home exercise programs
Where every individual insurance plan is different, we will not be able to tell what your insurance will cover. In order to find out your insurance coverage, please call your insurance company.
As a private health care clinic, we do not require a doctor referral. It is possible that your personal health insurance plan will require one for some therapies. To confirm if your insurance company requires a referral, please contact your insurance company.
A doctor’s referral is usually good for a year from the date written on the referral.
Yes we direct bill with most insurance companies. Listed here are some of the companies we direct bill:
- Blue Cross (Medavie, Alberta and Manitoba)
- Chambers of Commerce
- Great-West Life
- Industrial Alliance
- Johnston Group
- Sun Life Financial (Please note we cannot bill the Public Service Health Care Plan)
- Veterans Affairs Canada